Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Meeting the Family

Our first family photo.
Mackenzie meeting her Annmother and Pops for the first time.

Hunter's first kiss for Mackenzie.

Hunter isn't to sure what to think.

Pops holding Mackenzie for the first time.

Meeting Mackenzie

After the c-section, I was in recovery for about an hour. Mackenzie was in the nursery under observation as well. I was moved to a room a little after 11am. After getting me settled in the room, Hunter, Annmother, and Pops arrived. Hunter was really concerned about all of the "wires" coming from me. He was concerned about my "boo boo" and did really well to make sure he was careful. Mackenzie was brought into the room a few minutes later. Hunter really didn't know what to make of her. He was excited, but didn't want to get to close. Finally, he climbed up in the bed with us. Annmother and Pops were excited to meet her for the first time. Due to the medication, I don't remember a whole lot about that first few hours. Later that night everyone came back to visit again. I was pumping with adrenaline, but was so tired at the same time. I had a hard time keeping my eyes open that 1st day.