Thursday, August 26, 2010

Coming Home

The coming home outfit was handed down from Nannie. She has held on to every dress and I'm excited to be using them. This dress was one that I had when I was little. The shoes were also a family heirloom. The bonnet is one that can turn into a handkerchief and she can carry the day of her wedding as her "something old".
Adam looking forward to getting home.
It just seems like yesterday we were bringing Hunter home. Amazing how time flies!

Our welcome home surprise!

Glad to be home!

Mackenzie was born on Friday, August 20th. The doctor had mentioned me possibly going home on Sunday, but could stay till Monday. As crazy as it may sound, I opted to stay an extra day. The last few months have been a little hectic and I actually was enjoying the quiet hospital room and bonding with Mackenzie. I hated putting Adam through another night of the uncomfortable pull-out bed, but he completely understood my need to have one more day.
We were discharged and home around noon. Hunter was in school and that gave us plenty of time to get settled before he came home. When we arrived, we were greeted with a "Welcome Home" sign and balloons from Hunter. He had a little help ;) Around 4 Hunter came home. He was so proud of the front door. The sign is now hanging in his room. He didn't take much notice to Mackenzie being around, but I'm sure it will take time. It is good to be home and have my little ones under one roof.