Friday, August 6, 2010

Mackenzie's Nursery

Welcome to Mackenzie Claire's Nursery!
Adam's parents bought us this baby bed for Hunter and my parents had purchased the baby bedding. With a little ribbon and the pink sheet, it fits right in despite the blue.

This beautiful antique coat rack was my Grandfather's as a child. It needed a little TLC and that is exactly what our friend Dave did.

I had purchased these shelves from Target years ago and had forgotten about them. I had also bought the silver plated tea pots ages ago. As I was moving back into our home, discovered them and decided they would be perfect to display in the room. The dolls are Madame Alexander dolls that have been given to my as a child from my parents and grandparents.
Thank you Dave for helping put the shelves up.
Samantha, an American Girl doll, is ready for a tea party with Mackenzie. She even has a place setting and seat ready for her.

This piece of furniture was my Great-Grandmothers, Nannie. My mother had refinished it while I was pregnant with Hunter. I had it in our dining room and decided it might be a good addition to Mackenzie's room. It is perfect for storing blankets and few books.
The lamp and angel were from my childhood. I added a little decor to the shade and cleaned up the lamp. The angel is from my 1st birthday cake. The doll stand was a steal from Home Goods ($3).

I saw this idea on HGTV and knew that I wanted to recreate it and put it in Mackenzie's room. I created the "M" out of buttons I had purchased on Ebay. The frame was a steal from Tuesday Morning ($8). It used to be a black board. The frame needed a little TLC. Thanks to Dave's touch with paint and my putting blue satin over the black board, it turned out to be a fun project.

As soon as we found out that we were having a girl, I knew I wanted a dollhouse/bookcase in her room. After hours of searching on-line, I found this dollhouse on Craig's List for $30. It was originally brown with nothing on the back. Dave, again, came to the rescue and added bead board to the back and painted it. I couldn't wish for anything more for her room.

This beautiful quilt was made by my mom. I love it!!! It is perfect!

While living in Bristol, we had planned on having Mackenzie sleep in our bedroom,due to only having 2 bedrooms. Once we found out about our move back to our home in Naples, the planning started on our long drive back home. Having a very tight budget, basically no budget at all, we used the money that had been given to us by my grandparents. Once the boxes where unpacked and the rest of the house was settled, the action in the nursery began. I began by trying to pick out a paint color. After hours of looking for ideas on the different websites such as HGTV and Project Nursery Gallery, I was so overwhelmed with choices of color and ideas I didn't know in which direction I wanted to go. I went from the color pink, to lilac, then a porceline blue, back to pink again. One of our very closest friends and her husband wanted to provide the paint and paint the room as a baby gift to us. Thank you Dave and Michelle! After the paint color had been decided and applied, everything else started to fall into place. I had been on the look out for several good deals and had even grabbed a few things that my mom had kept from my childhood to use. With a little creativity, love, and the help of family and friends, the nursery has turned out perfect. Thank you also goes out to Matthew for putting the bed together and the blinds up. We are so blessed with wonderful, helpful, handy friends.