Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The Birth of Mackenzie Claire Boyd

We had to label him just so that everyone knew he was "Mackenzie's Dad"
Cool outfit!!! I think we kept it for Halloween this year :)
She is finally here. I knew she was going to be a good size baby.
Our little angel
It is amazing that she was bundled up inside my belly just a few minutes before.
Saying "Hello" to our newest blessing.


Resting a little before she meets the family.
Mama's little lady.
I can't believe that 9 months have come and gone. The past 4 months have seemed like a whirl wind of events. We are happy to call Naples, Florida, our home again and bring our little baby girl into the world in such a beautiful city.

The morning of the c-section, August 20th, I was rather calm. I set my alarm for 5:15 am, took a shower, and started getting ready for the big day. We arrived at the hospital at 7am and had to sit in the waiting room for a few minutes due to our nurse having a last minute birth. Once we were back in the pre-op area, my nerves started to rise. Adam is an amazing husband and can tell when I need him to calm me. After putting on the lovely gown and getting my IV, I was ready to go. Adam received his lovely attire. We were trying to decide on what to put on his hat, we had a few funny ideas, but decided to go with "Mackenzie's Dad".

Surgery was scheduled for 8:30am, but they were running a little behind. I finally was pulled into the OR at 8:40am. Adam had to stay in the waiting area while I was prepped for surgery. My nerves started getting the better of me as I sat in the OR and watching everyone around me getting ready for surgery. Then in walked Micheal, my anesthesiologist. He was a cute older man that had a comedic act that put me at ease. Once the spinal started to take, I laid down and action quickly started to take place. Adam was brought into the room at 9:10am. Once the c-section began, my nerves and tears started to build. Micheal asked if he could put on some music. He put on some classical music. With Adam holding my hand and the music in the background, my nerves were calmed. Finally, at 9:19am, Mackenzie was born. Adam was asked if he wanted to see her coming out and he quickly stood to look over the "curtain". He sat down, but within 1 second decided to take a second look. He was braver this time than he had been with Hunter. He later told me that it was something he didn't ever care to see again. I was just sitting there waiting for him to pass out. I'm very glad he didn't. The doctors and nurses were amazed at how big she was. After, what seemed like forever, I heard her cry. I was anxious to find out how much she weighed. Finally it was announced, 9 lbs. and 1 oz. She was 18 inches long. I was amazed...she weighed the EXACT amount as Hunter. Except Hunter was 21 inches long. I automatically new she was a cute "chunky monkey". Once she was cleaned up, she was brought over to us and we were able to meet her for the first time. After that she was whisked away to be taken to the nursery for observation. Adam followed her and met me in the recovery room once I was finished.
It is amazing how 9 months of anticipation can build up and then in a blink of an eye it is here and gone. We are so blessed to have 2 amazingly healthy babies. Thank you Lord for a safe delievery and a healthy baby. Now to begin our lives with Mackenzie Claire apart of or family.