Friday, August 27, 2010

1st Bath

Hunter being a little hesitant about helping out.
Not so sure he likes her belly button.
He is starting to show some interest.
I am very proud of her beautiful hair. God gave her some natural highlights.
After a few days at home I knew I needed to give Mackenzie her 1st bath. I was nervous and wanted to put it off until Hunter was in school, but at the same time I wanted him to help me. So, I bit the bullet and had Hunter help me give Mackenzie her 1st sponge bath at home. He was interested at first, but after a few moments he wanted to wash the dishes instead. Mackenzie did really well. Her bath reflected Hunter's first bath. She cried while being sponged off, but loved having her hair washed. The sensation of water running over her head was very soothing. Hunter was a little disturbed about her crying, but was really helpful. When I uncovered her umbilical cord, he stepped back and said he was "scared of that". It was quite funny. Adam and Annmother were present, but behind the cameras. The bath was over within a few minutes and I was able to overcome the nerves.