Sunday, December 4, 2011

Big Cypress Elementary's Winter Fest

Big Cypress has been a wonderful move for both my family and myself. I have been so blessed with getting to know the wonderful staff, the amazing kids, and making new friendships. Our neighbors, the Mendicino family, is one of the reasons I got the job at BCE. Laura is my team leader, my neighbor, and friend. Her 2 oldest ones are 6 and 7.
Kayla, Trenton, and Hunter are hard to separate at home so Laura and I decided to buddy up for the Winter Fest. We both wanted to volunteer our time, but didn't have anyone to watch the kids. She took the kids around the Fest for 30 minutes while I worked the ticket booth, and then we switched. She brought the "limo stroller" for the babies. The kids had a blast.
There was a booth that was giving away fish as a prize. You know the game...you try to throw a ping-pong ball into a fish bowl to win a fish. Trenton won a fish the first try. Hunter was really distraught because he didN't. I don't think I have ever wanted him to win so much as I did in that moment. His expression of sadness was enough to pull on anyone's heart strings. Finally, after Trenton had won 3 fish, Hunter won. His face was priceless. We had a blast!
RIP little fish who went to visit Santa with our Elf and didn't return.
Hunter's fish.  He was so proud.  He did want to try again
for a 2nd fish.  I didn't want him upset if he didn't win
another one.  He just looked at me and said,
"Mom, I won't worry if I don't win one.  I'm happy I have one
already."
Collin and Mackenzie in the "limo" of all strollerss