Sunday, November 27, 2011

Time to Decorate

I had told Hunter that we would start decorating for Christmas the day after Thanksgiving. Hunter was ready at 5:30 am the morning after Thanksgiving. So, still in our PJ's, we began decorating. We slowly got everything out and put up. Mackenzie was so tired from Thanksgiving that she took an early nap. This helped us get a lot done. Hunter was really into decorating. The excitement was a little too much at times. I ended up asking him if he would make some decorations. He began coloring and creating. (I am going to have to find a way to hang these creations up or I am going to find them hanging up in random places with. Piece of tape at his eye level. Pinterest will have some ideas I am sure.) What a great day! Adameven put more than 1 ornament on the tree. I got into my PJ's on Thursday night and didn't get out of them until Saturday morning. I have never done that before, but I think we have discovered a new family tradition for the day after Thanksgiving.
Note to self for next year:
1. Get out the art supplies and Christmas crafts before getting the Christmas decoration boxes out. Put Hunter to work on his creations.
2. Stay in my PJ's for the day.
3. Instead of stressing about getting the decorations up quickly, do a little at a time. Stop and make memories with the kids while decorating. It may take an extra day or two to get the task done...but the memories that are made will last longer than any of the decor that is hanging on the walls.