Sunday, December 11, 2011

Just for Me

Here are a few of our decorations from this year. I did a few things differently this year, this is why I am publishing them on the blog. I am loving Pinterest and the ideas I am getting.
Front Door:
I created the letter 'B' by using a plastic letter from Michael's, along with the berries. A little hot glue and 3 snowflake gift tags and there you have it.
Chandelier:
Back snowflake gift tags (from Target) to one another. Thread ribbon through and tie onto he chandelier to get a the "snow-falling" affect over your dinning room table.
Hunter's art display:
Make bows (on Pinterest) and glue snowflake gift tag in middle. Using the wall hooks that are easy to take off, string ribbon across the wall. Place the bows on top of the hook to hide it. I did put Hunter's art up, but discovered that it was a great place to display our past Christmas cards. Next year I need to hang another layer to display more art work and cards.

Hunter loved the look of the snow falling over our table.  

I am looking into refinishing our cabinets, but for now this added a little color.  

Again, the red and white theme.  I did hang ornaments from the lights to add a little Christmas magic.  

The breakables found a place higher to rest this year.  I usually have this village in another area, but wandering hands were too curious this year.

I made these donuts for the Eagle's Nest Teacher's to enjoy one morning.  (The nose is a candy corn.)  Below is the message I had laying with them.  

"Great" Aunt Sallie and Uncle George gave this to Adam and I for a wedding gift.  This year, I added the tree.  It added great height to the scene.  



Hunter loved hanging his art work up. I did back his pictures up with scrapbook paper.  I found a cheap package at Michael's.  

I love her little hands and couldn't help but want to do something crafty with them.  
So proud of my simple and cheap door decoration.  

Nannie's Advent Calendar is revisted everyday until we go to Tennessee.

The lamp shade was one that I had in the garage.  I had used it on a lamp in Hunter's room in Bristol.  For some reason, not sure why, but I wasn't using it.  I pulled it out and simply tied a ribbon around it with our Letter B ornament from Restoration.
Love, Love, Love the look of red and white peppermint sticks and candy.