Saturday, December 10, 2011

The Annual Christmas Book Exchange

I have been planning and thinking about this event for about a month. I had thought we would decorate cookies, but then decided we still had several young ones who wouldn't enjoy that as much. While in Tennessee for Dad's birthday, I discovered plastic clear ornaments at Joann's. I went home and couldn't find them at Joann's, but was successful at finding them at Michael's. I purchased about 25. I then raided my craft stash at home and found beads, glitter, tinsel, and paint. I also have joined Pinterest and found several really cute ideas for food and decoration. I knew I wanted to have the kids write a letter to Santa, color Christmas pictures, but now I was able to add making ornaments to the list of activities.
The morning of was actually Breakfast with Santa. The party started at 10:30 so I had most of everything done the night before. The food consisted of PB&J sandwiches, PB & Nutella sandwiches, a sandwich tray from Publix, fruits, veggies, and chips. The sweet treats were "North Pole" cupcakes, snowman cookies, PB bark, peppermint bark, along with some other sweet treats brought by a close friend.
The kids had a blast playing outside and completing the Christmas activities. The ornaments were a hit. It will be on the list for years too come.
I love planning "little people"parties and I love this time of year. So much fun!