Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Catchin' Me a Racoon

Pops has several visitors in his garden at night. Hunter has had the privilege to visit with 2 of them. The first one happened about a week ago. It was around 9pm and Hunter ran into the house to ask Annmother if he could go with Pops to let the raccoon go. I'm not sure what kind of conversations they had on the way to the creek or on the way back, but I'm sure they are priceless and ones that Hunter will remember forever. He did come back telling us that the raccoon left the cage and went for a swim. He thought it was so funny.

The other night another visitor came. Hunter ran up to me and said, "Mom, the raccoon came back again!!!" I tried to explain to him that it was a different one, but he was determined that it was the same raccoon. Once again, Hunter went with Pops to release the raccoon. There was part of me that wanted to ride along and capture some pictures, but I knew that this was a good bonding experience for them both. These are memories that he will remember forever.