Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A Memory That Will Make You Smile

The following is an e-mail, with pictures, that my mother sent me yesterday. I am posting it because it is a memory I want to hold on to and publish in our "blog book".




Girls,
I wanted to share a story with you that will make you smile. Your Daddy is so sweet. I was out painting my swing today and Dad came out and sat on the patio. I looked around and saw that he was gone. I assumed that he had gone back in the house, but when I got up to look he was not in the house. I got a little concerned because I did not see him in the backyard. I walked around front and didn't see him there either. When I got back to the backyard again, he was coming up the hill from MawMaw's apartment with a handful of Dandelion flowers and violets. He was so excited and as he brought them to me, he kept saying, "Look what I picked for you." I went in to get a bowl to float them in and he went out to the work shed and got some clippers. The next thing I knew he was cutting trimmings off of the flowering trees and branches off of the pine trees. He took these cuttings and placed them in the railroad ties around my garden and in the chairs on the patio. He was so cute and so sincere in his excitement. I just loved it. We had a great day. Sweet memories.

Love you all bunches,
Mama