Friday, March 18, 2011

Happy Saint Patty's Day!

Mackenzie wearing green and loving it!
Mackenzie with her new favorite toy. (It was also one of Hunter's favorites given to us by our dear nanny, Agota.)
My kids at school made this and I couldn't resist but to bring one home for Hunter to wear.

Saint Patrick's Day is widely celebrated in the Naples area. Growing up in Nashville, I do not remember this day being anything other than just wearing green. Here there are parades, parties, and leprechaun's running around.
I played into this at school a little more this year than normal. The kids at Sabal Palm Elementary created Leprechaun traps to display at school. Thursday morning I came in and painted little feet green feet on the floor of my classroom and moved some things around. I even put the footprints going into the bathroom with the potty water died green. The kids got a kick out of it. There were a few that were scared to go to the bathroom. Being new to kindergarten, I did not expect this. One of my little ones even refused to go to the bathroom for 2 days at school. On Friday, he even had a huge accident in the classroom and had to go to the office to get a change of clothes. He didn't even want to go into that bathroom. I totally regret having my leprechaun going into the bathroom. Lesson learned!!!