Saturday, November 12, 2011

Birthday Surprise



Several weeks ago I decides to buy a plane ticket to surprise my dad on his 60th birthday. Due to the prices, we decided it would be best for Hunter to remain in Florida. This broke my heart, but I knew he would be fine with having a "boys weekend" with Adam.
Thanks to the great support of my team, I was able to make it to the airport well before my flight time which was at 4:50 pm. Mackenzie did great on the flight. We arrived in TN by 8 pm. Mom picked us up. Dad was with Martha in Manchester for the week and wouldn't be back until tomorrow. The next morning, Nannie suggested I make bows for Mackenzie and I to wear. We hid behind the door and once he made it into the house we jumped out and started singing "Happy Birthday". He was shocked. His reaction was priceless. The remainder of the day was us sitting and enjoying the babies playing. Mackenzie took a while to warm up, but eventually began to wonder away from me and play.