Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Garage Sale for a Good Cause

Martha and I were soooo tired of pricing things that around 6pm I noticed Martha was putting $10 tags on things that were meant to have .10 tags. We went through and repriced, but it was good to get a laugh at that point.
My tag says "priceless". Martha priced this item and I think she hit that nail right on the head :)

Here is one of the 3 pricing and storing rooms.

Another room full of stuff priced and ready to sell.

It felt like we kept unloading and setting up. It never seemed to end.



Janet Capshaw and Martha discussing prices.

We were all smiles and a little goofy.

As many and most of you know, my family and I are trying to raise money for Colin to participate in Dolphin therapy this summer. This past weekend I was able to fly up and help with 2 of the benefits. My visit was long overdue. I have been longing to go home for several months, but airline tickets have not been cheap. Finally, I found a good deal and jumped on the opportunity to fly home and help.


Hunter and Adam had a "guys weekend" in Florida. I felt horrible about not bringing both of my babies, but the cost was too much for all of us to fly. Hunter still doesn't know where I went. Throughout the weekend he asked a few questions, but I don't think he figured it out. Here are a few of the questions and comments I got over the course of the weekend:

"Mom, are you staying in the hotel again tonight?"

"Mom, what world are you in?"

"Mom, it's raining in my world. What is it doing in yours?"

"Are you on a 'vercation'?" (vacation)

Gotta love these little comments!!!


The major event for the weekend was a large garage sale on Saturday. Sara has been collecting donations of "stuff" for several months. I was amazed at how much she had. We, Aunt Sallie, Martha, Sara, and I, spent ALL day Saturday pricing and sorting. Mom, Sallie, and Sara returned after dinner for a few hours to finish up. I have never seen so much stuff. It was a little overwhelming in the beginning, but after we started digging in it started to flow. It was fun spending the day with my sisters with no kids around. We had fun goofing off together. I hope sometime in the next 20 years we can go on a girls trip with mom. That would be a trip to remember. Start planning girls ;)


Saturday morning started early. I joined a little after 7 due to needing to get Mackenzie settled and ready to spend the day with Annmother and Pops. Luckily, I had brought jeans. It was very chilly. Someone said that it was "blackberry winter". The day went well. We ended up making $2000.00. A special thank you to our family and close friends (The City Road family, Sallie and George Rogalle, The Pearsall family, Janet Capshaw, and Jama Gains). This day couldn't of happened without your help.