Sunday, December 19, 2010

The Elves on the Shelves

Introducing Jingle, a long time family friend.
Can you spy our newest friend???


As a child I remember putting this elf out under the tree. He was given to our family by a close family friend, Dr. Sam. He and daddy worked together at J.P. Brown. He was like an adopted grandfather to me. This elf used to play music and looked a little newer. Over the years, the music box has broken and the clothes have faded. However, the elf's personality has shown through. After she gave me the elf, I heard of a new tradition I wanted to adopt for our family...The Elf on the Shelf. After Thanksgiving last year, I asked mom if I could adopt the elf. The elf, now named Jingle, floated around our home. Each night he flies to the North Pole and gives Santa a report on Hunter. The next morning he is perched somewhere different. This year, our house in Florida had so many different high areas for Jingle to observe our daily lives. It was so much fun to watch Hunter get up every morning and look to find Jingle. He was even found sitting in our Christmas tree a few times. Aunt Sara and Uncle Chad added our newest elf, Snowflake, this Christmas. He and Jingle had a grand time at Papa and Nannie's house finding new spots to watch Hunter and Mackenzie. The magic of Christmas is fabulous!