Sunday, December 5, 2010

Christmas Book Exchange

Christmas in Florida!!! Green grass, great weather, and happy kids!
Writing our letters to Santa!

Dear Santa....

Waiting to unwrap!!!

Choosing can be so hard sometimes.

The boys tearing into their new books.

Everyone showing off their new books.

Mackenzie enjoying all of the fun.

After everyone left, it was nap time. I found Hunter in his bed with his new book fast asleep. Too cute!!!
We enjoyed a new Christmas movie from Annmother and Pops that night!
Reading all of our new books before bed.
'Twas the night before Christmas and in my little nook
I was enjoying my new Christmas book.
It was given to me by a dear friend,
I will enjoy it to the end.
As I have mentioned before, I love Christmas!!! I also love Christmas books! A few years ago, I wanted an excuse to get a bunch of kids together during this magical season. I came up with the idea of a Christmas Book Exchange. Everyone brings a Christmas book wrapped. We draw numbers and the kids go up and choose a wrapped book. They all unwrap it at the same time and then enjoy their new books. Last year I added writing a letter to Santa. I was one happy person yesterday. The house was decorated, kids were having fun, I was hosting (which I love), and I cooked tons of treats for everyone to take home with them. It was so much fun! I hope that this gets bigger and better every year. I think that next year I'm going to add decorating Christmas cookies!