Saturday, November 27, 2010

Mommy Mistake

This morning, as many Saturday mornings, I sleep on the couch with Mackenzie while Hunter watches cartoons. However, this morning Hunter was not in the mood to watch cartoons. I remember him asking if he could clean his wagon, which was on the back porch, and I told him we would do it later. I drifted off to sleep to wake up to the sound of water. I slowly realized that there was water squirting in the house through the back door. I quickly put Mackenzie in her swing and stepped out on the patio to discover Hunter, in his PJ's, with my nice bathroom towels and hand soap and the hose, cleaning his outside toys, which had been left outside after Thanksgiving @ 7:30 in the morning. It was quite humorous, but I didn't laugh at that moment. It was a "teachable moment". We discussed how we DON'T go outside without an adult. After the discussion, I looked around at all of the bubbles and wet toys and just asked myself (not expecting an answer from Hunter) and said, "Boy, how long were you out here?" He looked at me and shrugged his shoulders and replied, "Just 1o minutes." At that moment, I couldn't help but laugh :)