Saturday, November 15, 2008

In Space

Last night we experienced something not many get to experience in a life time. Adam, Hunter, and I were watching the shuttle take off from Cape Canaveral, FL, on TV. Adam suggested we go out in the backyard and see if we can watch it from there. I totally thought it was a silly idea, but played along. We have NO tall trees around our house and you can see for miles because of the flat land. 10 seconds after blastoff we saw a bright flame from behind a cloud. It looked like the sun coming out from behind a cloud at night. It was the shuttle. It was amazing! Hunter and I watched it as it went into space for about 3 minutes. Once it exited our atmosphere, the flame disappeared. SOOOO COOL! One more thing to add to my list of "Things I Experienced in Florida".