Friday, November 28, 2008

Golfing at Olde Florida





Nannie had one request on this trip....to see Olde Florida, Adam's home course. Papa and Daddy enjoyed 9 holes while we rested. Then we joined them for the last 9 and rode around. Hunter is getting better at holding the club and understanding the game...at least putting the ball in the hole. However, Nannie and myself need a little lesson on etiquette with golf carts. I was driving in a cart behind Adam and Papa. I was following them pretty closely. Hunter loves to go up and down the little mounds on the golf course and so I decided to vear off a little and continue to go over the mounds. We were going up the biggest mound and looking forward to going down the other side. When we reached the top of the mound Nannie and I discovered that the mound ended in a very deep sand trap. Thankfully we landed in the trap without tipping over, but it was a scare for all of us. If only there was a camera to see our reactions. Our screams where rather loud also. Thankfully, there were no members around, but I think the Mexican workers got a good laugh out of our little "oopsie".