Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Tropical Storm Fay




Today was suppose to be my first day back at school. Instead...we had a hurricane day. Fortunately Fay was friendly to us. The rains started yesterday during the day and was basically a drizzle all day. Last night the winds started to churn a little more. There were tornado warnings out. I slept on the couch with the TV on mute all night. I wanted to be as close to Hunter as possible without being in the same room. (He's pretty smart, and would expect me to sleep with him again tonight if I did last night.) Throughout the night I woke up hearing horrible winds and rain. This morning we awoke to a pond in the backyard and another in the ditch out front. We were really lucky that this was not more than a Tropical storm because the eye of the storm was within a few miles from our home. The only damage we have is a leak in the wall in our Master Bedroom. There was a crack in the wall outside that slowly let in water throughout the storm. So...1/4 of our bedroom carpet is drenched and needs to be replaced. Which...I'm pretty happy with seeing as I have wanted to have that carpet replaced for 3 years.

Todays agenda started with Hunter waking up around 5:50. We basically stayed around the house and enjoyed the day. Our electricity was out for about 5 hours but was restored rather quickly. Hunter took a good nap and we went out to "town" for a brief outing. Tonight was another "big boy" surprise. Hunter has been noticing when he needs to go to the bathroom, but has refused to sit on the "big boy" potty. Today he pulled at his diaper and ran to the bathroom. He didn't make it. Then tonight he took his diaper off, handed it to me, and he ran to the potty and made it! I'm not sure if this is the beginning of potty training or just as tease, but he is now running around naked. I'm hoping that it is just that easy. Stay tuned....