Sunday, August 17, 2008

The World Of Blogging




I welcome myself to the world of blogging. I will go ahead and apologize for my misspellings and grammatical mistakes throughout this experience. I am looking forward to sharing our experiences with everyone through the internet.
As you all know, Hunter is the center of our lives here in Naples, Florida. It is amazing how fast life flies by. The title of our blog is "Where Troubles Melt Like Lemondrops". Thanks to Virginia Reynolds for the idea. One of my favorite songs is "Over the Rainbow" from 50 First Dates. It is by an artist named IZ. I feel like that no matter what our troubles may be, they tend to melt like lemondrops whenever we are around Hunter. Life can come at you hard at times and just the tiniest thing he does can make it all worth it.
These days Hunter is experiencing the "Big Boy World". We have purchased a "big boy" potty and have taken a "tinkle" in it one time and have mainly played with the potty since. He has also decided that he is done with the crib. We purchased a beautiful bed from Craig's List (which is fabulous!) today. I'll post a picture of it once we have everything set up in the "big boy" room. He now goes to the refrigerator and pantry and pulls things out when he is hungry or thirsty. We are working on asking mama and daddy for help with these things. Another thing he has found fun is picking up trash and putting it in the trash can. Of course the recycle freak I am, I go behind him and take out those things that can be recycled. He loves to sit and color with markers at his little picnic table I purchased a garage sale. Today I discovered that he likes to color on an easel. I also discovered him brushing Callie's hair (our dog) with my hair brush. I guess I could continue with the little life lessons that we are learning daily, but I don't know if I would have much else to talk about tomorrow.
We have gotten back into the routine of going to our "friend's" house during the day (his sitter's house) and having mama or daddy picking him up at the end of the day. I am supposed to have my first day with the kiddos on Tuesday, but we have a wonderful hurricane about to hit. So...not sure if we will have school that day. UGH! I'm ready to get things started....been working on my classroom for about 3 weeks now.
Well, I know that I have probably already filled a large amount of space on the blog so I'm going to stop here for now. Stay Tuned for the pictures of the bed and other life experiences with the Boyd Family. I'll leave you with one of my favorite quotes:
"To the world you are just one person, but to one person you are the world."