Saturday, August 23, 2008

Hunter's Organizational Skills

Putting his books up after he was finished.
Catching him in his moment of reading in his little reading corner.

Hunter amazes me daily. I catch him reading all of the time. He acts like he is reading aloud. The past few mornings I have noticed that he has taken to this little corner and likes to sit and read. There are so many moments I see myself in him and then other moments when I see Adam in him. He definitely has my organizational skills. YEAH! He is really good at putting up his toys once he is done. We work on this consistently and it is paying off.
He does have his messy moments though. The day "Fay" we had the markers out and usually he is really good at not making a mess but for some reason that day he made a mess! I found red marker on the door handles, baby monitors, and then as I was going to be noticed it on our bedspread. LOVE IT! Thank goodness it was Washable markers. I have added a few pictures of Adam and Hunter coloring that day so check out that below.
Whew...even though it was a short week and we are going to have to make up our "hurricane" day, I'm glad it was over. I am really lucky because I have a wonderful class.
Last night Adam kept Hunter for a few hours while I went out and visited with several of my friends who are now former teachers of SPE. It was so good to see them and catch up. We had a lot to discuss, updates on personal lives - engagements, people moving - discussing the year ahead, and sharing exciting news about a parent from the past ;)
This morning I went and burned off the calories I ate last night. I have joined a group of girls that have "hired" a trainer to come and work with us. I LOVE IT! We meet 2 times a week and do one day of weights and one day of cardio. I really have not had time to exercise at home other than chasing after Hunter and riding bikes as a family. This is great! I hope I just keep it up.