Saturday, May 18, 2013

Tennessee here we come!

A few weeks ago, God was really pulling on my heart to head home for Easter.  My mother's 1st cousin has offered to help us with flights in the past so we decided to contact him to see if he might be able to work something out for us to go home for Easter.  I already had a teacher workday on Thursday and the following Monday off from school.  As far as work went, I was set.  We just had to see if we could get tickets.  After much communicating via e-mail, our cousin was able to find tickets.  I later found out that he had actually purchased them himself because he wasn't able to use his miles that weekend.  I can not express how much that meant to me.  
The flight up went great.  I always dread flying with the kids, but they surprise me every time by being on their best behavior.  The second flight we had, I had to sit across the isle from them.  They did really well.  I was real proud of them.  Everyone around us complimented on their behavior.  Mackenzie even slept on that flight.  


She was able to get a good snooze, while Hunter had a few moments to himself.  He loves to play on my iPad.  

When we arrived at the Nashville airport, Nannie was waiting.  The kids were so excited to see her.  They hadn't seen her since Christmas.  I was glad to hug her seeing as the last month has been so hard with hearing about my dad's decline.  

As soon as we got to Nannie's house, the kids were ready to play.  Evan and Colin were waiting.  They had a blast running around and playing.  Hunter enjoyed the little ones more than I expected.  I even got some cuddle time with Colin.  He has gotten so big in the last year.  
Nannie had cupcakes ready and the kids were ready to gobble them up.  What a great, but extremely long day that was.