Sunday, March 17, 2013

Field Day #1

A few weeks ago, I got an e-mail from my assistant principal telling me that I was going to get coverage in order to go and watch Hunter participate in Field Day. I was blown away with this opportunity. I was going to have my team watch my class while I went. LOVE WORKING AT THIS SCHOOL!!!
Field Day at Big Cypress is different than any other that I have ever participated in. Their are 4 events that last 30 minutes each:
1. Chicken Race
2. Sponge Ball
3. Tug - A - War
4. Fill the Bucket
The kids work together as a team to accomplish 3 of the 4 events. I love the commendatory between the kids to win each event. I was able to watch Hunter bring his class to win the chicken race. His class won 4 times :) The next event was Sponge Ball. I loved watching Hunter take off and try to get his opponents out.
After school, he stated that it was the "best day ever". He had a blast and slept really well that night.