Sunday, February 17, 2013

Weekend Fun

I love long weekends. I don't feel rushed to do the house cleaning on Saturday and the laundry on Sunday. This weekend, I put it all off until Monday. I just needed a fun weekend with the kids. On the way home from dance, we stopped at an art gallery that had our school's art on display. Hunter's was the only Kindergartener from our school on display. He was so proud.
I bought teeshirts for the kids to color thinking that it would keep them busy. Hunter really worked on his, but Mackenzie would work on it for a few seconds and then walk away. She doesn't have a large interest in coloring yet, but will eventually.
Tonight I decided to set up the tent, in the front room of course. No sleeping in our backyard for several reasons: 1. Temperatures reaching below freezing tonight, 2. Florida Panthers, 3. Bears, 4. Snakes, along with a few other nocturnal creatures. Until we get a fence around our yard, we will be "camping" indoors. The kids had a blast setting their areas up. It was a struggle to get them asleep, but crossing my fingers that they do sleep well. We will see in the morning.