Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Taking The Day Off

This week we had a short week with the kids. Friday was an Early Release Day, Monday was MLK Day, and Tuesday was a Teacher Work Day. I took some time off to enjoy my parents. On Tuesday, I sent the kids to school and loaded the car with our bikes and took off. We drove around town enjoying the area. We stopped at the Pier and took a small walk on the beach. It was nice to enjoy some time with my parents alone. That afternoon, Adam and Dad played golf. Mom and I found a good bike path and enjoyed the afternoon discovering some of the wildlife in SW Florida (alligators, turtles, and birds).
This bird decided to take on a fish about the size of its neck.  We sat and watched it try to digest it in one gulp.  He wasn't successful, but he did work on it for a while.
Enjoying the Naples Pier for the first time.
Spending the day with my parents was priceless.  Mom was worried because I was so quiet, but I told her that it is not often I get to enjoy them without kids.  I was just enjoying sitting and listening to them.