Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Site Seeing

I love when we have company. We end up taking a vacation with them. I knew that at the top of my list to take my parents was The Naples Botanical Gardens. The weather couldn't have been more perfect. Hunter was in charge of the map and guiding us through the gardens ;) It amazes me all of the plants that can grow in this tropical environment. The kids had a blast in the Children's Garden. Afterwards, we took a little trip to Tin City, a local tourist attraction. For dinner we had Fish and Chips at The Pub. Yummy!!!
Hunter was real hesitant to touch the alligator, but with Nannie holding him, he decided to give it a small touch.
In this particular garden, they turned different items into planters.  This golf shoe looks identical to one that Adam has had in the past. 
Loving the hammock under the palm trees.
Sitting under the water falls.
My dream one day is to have a hammock under a palm tree in our backyard. I guess we need to plant some trees in order for that to happen.
In the Children's Garden, there are several places for the kids to explore.  One of the favorites is the little Key West house with planters and watering cans.
Using sidewalk chalk and making a design together.
Our little map reader
Acting like tourists can be fun.