Sunday, February 27, 2011

Valentines Memory

I have decide that I want to document some of my fondest memories of Daddy here on the blog. Now that we have the blog in a hard back book to keep forever, I think this is a wonderful way to keep these memories.
1993...(sophomore year, I think)
Valentines Day was not a day I really looked forward to in high school. I never had a boyfriend or anyone special to celebrate this day with. Every year I would watch the girls walk to the front office to look at their deliveries from the florist. The conference room on Valentines Day was always filled with flowers, balloons, and stuffed animals. I would smile for my friends receiving them, but inside I was always a little sad that I didn't receive anything. I don't remember where I was when I received the notice that I had a delivery in the front office, but I do remember my feeling. Who was it from? What did they send me? I waited until the next bell and dashed to the front office. I walked around the conference room looking for my name. I came across the beautiful purple tulips. They almost had an iridescent blue/purple sheen to them. They were beautiful. The card was signed, "Your someone special," or "Your secret admirer." I'm not sure which. I didn't find out until later that they were from Daddy. To this day, whenever I see tulips, I am reminded of the ones I received that special Valentines Day.