Monday, September 13, 2010

Trip to the Beach


Mackenzie enjoyed the sound of the waves and the fresh air.

Nannie and Papa enjoying the warm water.

Papa, Hunter, and Adam building a fort.

Enjoying every moment together.

Who would have known I would feel this good so soon after the c-section. I have had mostly good days lately. The first 2 weeks were a little rough, but slowly I'm starting to feel more like myself. I do have to pace myself, but overall I feel good. We decided to go to the beach this morning. Packing the car and getting there was a busy time, but when we arrived it was well worth it. The water was calm and there was a nice breeze. We arrived early enough to enjoy the shade of the trees over the beach. The water was so clear that we found a starfish with 9 legs and a sand dollar. Those are 2 animals we don't usually get to see. Papa and Nannie enjoyed the warm water. Usually they come down during the winter months so the water is cooler. Today was perfect. I sat in the beach chair and took it all in. There is nothing better than spending time with family in such an amazing environment. We all truly enjoyed the morning.