Sunday, September 26, 2010

Alzheimer's Walk

Team Morris Family and Friends. Thank you Virginia and Rianne for joining our family to walk for the cause.
BFF's :)
"Gigi" and Hunter flying for the cause.
Here we go...
Enjoying the cool air and company.
Last year I, watching HGTV, saw a commercial about the Alzheimer's Walk for the Cause. I jumped into action and put together a team. We raised around $1200 last year. As crazy as our lives have been this summer, I still wanted to get a team together. When putting the team together, I knew that I would not be able to attend the walk. However, our plans changed and we were going to be in town on the day of the walk, September 25th. Thanks to all of our family and friends for helping us reach our goal of $1300. As I drove to the event, a sense of pride came over me. Even though this disease has effected our lives in a negative way, our contributions to the Alzheimer's Walk give us hope for a change in the future. This year not only did we do this for my dad, Jim Morris, but we did it in honor of Donnie's mother, Rose Cooper, who passed away this last spring after fighting the disease for many years. May God bless all who are effected by this horrible disease (caretakers, patients, and family).