Thursday, June 7, 2012

On Our Way

Whew...what a week.
Sunday-birthday party @1:30 at the water park; Dave, Linda, and their crew were in town so we invited them over for dinner. It was so nice have family over for dinner. The kids had a blast!
Monday-My day started out with the dedication of our newest reading area in honor of our Assistant Principal who passed away this past year. Then, after the kids left, the Superintendent and Assistant Superintendent called us for a staff meeting to let us know the let the current principal go and a new one will start on Thursday. This was a move that we were expecting, but we were surprised it was 2 days before summer. That afternoon, I joined the family at the beach for dinner and some more visiting. EJ, one of Jarod's little ones, and Hunter love hanging out with each other. After getting home and putting the very tired kids to bed, I got a text telling me our FCAT test scores were back. I spent a little while looking and reflecting at the scores. Overall, not upset, but not completely happy. Very emotional day!
Tuesday- School with a surprise "I 'mustache' you to 6th grade". The kids had a blast. Check out the pics on my classroom blog. After school, had a dr.appointment. Rushed home to change and head to my 5th grade graduation. Over 700 people were in attendance. The graduation was 2 hours long. I got home about 9:30 and slide into bed.
Wednesday-My last day of school with my kids. I really enjoyed sitting with them and talking about our fun year together. Spent the afternoon running around closing up my classroom. Hunter's graduation was at 4. I rushed over to grab seats and freshen him up. After graduation (which I will post pics later), we went to eat at McDonalds...quick and easy. Afterwards headed home and began the packing process.
Thursday-I rolled out of bed excited that I hit my alarm clock for the last time until August. My "mommy alarm clock" will be on, but I like that alarm clock much better. I got the kids to school and went to work. We started our day with a meeting with the Superintendent and Assistant Superintendent again. They introduced our new principal. I truly can say that I am really excited about working with him next year. I finished closing up my classroom and left around 1:30. Ran home to finish packing and closing up our house. Loaded the car and hit the road by 3:30.
Whew... Needless to say, but I am actually looking forward to a car ride where I am strapped in and sitting still for a while. I couldn't of survived this week without Adam. He is an amazing husband who did laundry, cleaned the house, and watched Mackenzie all week. He is just as exhausted as I am. We are all excited to get up to TN and start our "vercation", as Hunter says.