Sunday, June 10, 2012

The Beginning of Summer

I have been looking forward to summer for a while now. Usually it is for 2 reasons: 1. Need a break from school, and 2. wanting some quality time with my kids and family. This year only #2 applies.
Yesterday was the annual Ikard (my Mother's mother's side of the family) Reunion. My Aunt Sallie and Uncle George host it at their beautiful home in the mountains. The view is spectacular. The kids always have a good time. I lucked out with Mackenzie taking a nap on the way up. We road with Sara. It was fun having all the kids together in one car. They did really well.
The day was filled with good food and visiting with the family. I think Papa was the most excited about having his little lady in town. I have a strong feeling the bond between them is going to be really strong this summer. What a great way to start our summer!
Hunter and I enjoying some s'mores.  This was his first experience of roasting marshmellows himself.  Yummy!
Just a swingin'
Nannie showing the kids her new little puppy, Trixie.
Evan and Mackenzie exploring the water pump. 
3 Generations, Grandmother, Nannie, and Sara, enjoying Colin playing in the pool.
Hunter and Nannie roasting hotdogs over the fire pit.
Hunter and Mackenzie enjoying the view.  I promise I didn't pose them for this picture. 
Mackenzie trying badminton out. 
Beginner Cornhole
Mackenzie having fun on the tractor.
Nannie teaching the kids how to play badmitten. Good luck with that one :)
Getting to enjoy one of Nannie's favorite things...swinging.
Ready set, GROW!!! 
Papa entertaining the crowd.
I think between my two kiddos, a whole watermelon was consumed. 
Being silly