Monday, May 21, 2012

Less Thinking and More Doing

This weekend began my long list of summer Pinterest DIY projects. I found these wooden chargers (yes, they were a dark wood and are actually wood) in the clearance section @ Walmart for $2. I grabbed them and ran to the paint section to grab some spray paint. After 2 coats, some sanding to give them a very subtle shabby-chic look, some modgepodge, scrapbook paper, and pictures, I had a new gallery of our latest photos. Love!!!
My chalkboard project has been sitting in the garage since Christmas. One of the houses down the street was cleaned out and had a pile at the end of the driveway. I drove by slowly looking for any useful junk. I saw this huge, cheap, golden frame. I stopped and threw it in the back. Last week I finally went and had a board cut to fit. I picked up a quart of chalkboard paint and started creating. I had tons of fun putting both of these projects together. Now on to the yard...