Monday, May 21, 2012

The Before Pictures

Adam and I moved into this house 7 years ago in September. As I sit here blogging, I think back to what the house looked like when we moved in. The walls were white, the floor carpet, no window treatments, and no landscaping. We have done small upgrades over time and I am in love with our house.
Before moving to Virginia, I was constantly looking around trying to figure out ways to make it better. Now, after living in an older home that had TONS of issues (mice and mold to name a few) I count my blessings daily. Again, I LOVE our house. It's not huge, but is just right for our family. There was one last thing that continually hung over our heads... the yard. I have done some landscaping in the front, but NOTHING has been done in the backyard. The grass is 90% weeds. We are outside daily with the kids. So...time has come for the grass to pulled up and sod to come in. Tonight our neighbors took us to a friend of theirs that has a private nursery. We picked up a truck load of palms, a mahogany tree, some grasses, and 2 trees with blooms. The grass in the front yard was put down today. The grass in the back will be put down tomorrow. We are going to have a large bed cut out around the patio. Below are the before pictures. I will update as we go.