Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Going to Miami

After our Burger experience, we were still all smiles (Hayden is sitting in the stroller behind Jayme.)
Mackenzie trying on the birthday hat. I'm going to be making her one now. I didn't think she would wear it.

Just chillin' in Miami.

Our good friends, Josh and Megan Hamann, moved to Miami a few years ago. They moved the same year we moved to Bristol, VA. Due to us not being in Fl for a year and being pregnant last summer, I still hadn't been over to see their place. She lives downtown Miami in a brand new condo. The view is spectacular!!! She lives across from the outside amphitheater and gets to hear free concerts quite often. Prior to having kids, I would have loved to live down there!!! Jayme and I made the trip over together. Hayden and Mackenzie slept the whole way over. We had it timed perfectly, but we made a wrong turn and it put us behind a little. It was quite humorous listening to Baby Einstein music, trying to navigate through Miami (which I HATE driving in Miami...thanks Jayme for being so brave), and hearing the babies scream in the back. We eventually found it. We spent a little time up in the condo catching up and letting the babies play. Then we went and grabbed a bite to eat. We decided on somewhere right around the corner. Again, we found the humor in eating with 3 babies and at no point in time were all 3 babies happy. One of the waiters was an amazing help. Afterwards, we went back to the condo and Megan showed us her pool area. AMAZING!!! Talk about wishing I had a Mojito and a book. If Adam and I had a pool area like that at our access, he wouldn't see me half the time. I was sad that our trip was so quick, but it was perfect! Both the babies slept the whole way back, but started crying within 5 minutes of Naples. Jayme and I just put on Baby Einstein music and laughed. Hunter spent the day with Mrs. Dominique and the girls. He enjoyed his day just as much as we enjoyed our girls day (plus Hayden).