Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Florida Bound

Celebrating Jayme's birthday!

Our Ritz-Carlton Tea experience was Divine!
Hunter loves the beach. He wanted to visit everyday. Of course, THE TRUCK had hitched a ride in Nannie's van.

Hunter and I have been wanting to visit Florida since we left in December. In February, I had the idea of renting a condo in Bonita Springs (just north of Naples) for a week with my parents. I do get to see my parents more frequently now that we live closer, but we don't have a lot of visiting time. It always seems to be so busy when we go to Nashville. So I was grateful for the opportunity to spend this time with them.
Hunter did great on the ride to and from Florida. He is a great little rider. However, he was a little under the weather, which ended up being the theme for the week for everyone except for myself.
On Sunday afternoon, a few friends, Michelle, Megan, Jayme, and myself, got together for a tea at The Ritz-Carlton Beach Resort. I have never been to a formal tea so the experience was wonderful. We were given many choices of tea and decided on two. Then we were served tea sandwiches, scones, and cakes. As we were enjoying our visit there was a Tea Birthday Party being held for a young girl, about the age of 5. It was precious to see the girls dressed up and drinking their "tea", which was really hot chocolate :) I had a wonderful time catching up with some wonderful friends and being immersed in the Naples atmosphere.
My camera battery died the next afternoon so the remainder of our vacation was not photographed. The weather wasn't the best, a little chilly and rainy. This is not normal for Naples in the winter. We visited our favorite parks, dropped by our house to check on some things and pick up baby items, had a fun GNO (Girls Night Out), and relaxed. Other than a few sicknesses and rain, the trip was good. I was just glad to visit the area one more time before the baby. Crossing my fingers I will find an excuse to visit again before then, but not sure an opportunity will present itself.