Monday, December 31, 2012

Christmas Eve Happenings

Christmas Eve started out with Adam's annual last minute shopping. This time he took Hunter with him. While he was shopping, Mackenzie and I decided to go by and see Mawmaw. She was feeling weak, but was glad to see us. Mom went with us. As we pulled into the parking lot, I thanked God that I was pulling in to go and see her. I really didn't think that I was going to get to see her again. Every visit is a blessing from above. She is ready to go to her heavenly home. Our visit was short, but sweet. She enjoyed watching Mackenzie jump around. I will miss her once she is gone, but am glad to spend anytime I can with her.
Later that afternoon we were able to get together with my dad's side of the family. Mawmaw wasn't feeling well and couldn't make it. Mom was visiting with Dad at the Hearth. Everything seemed a little different. However, we still enjoyed playing with the cousins and visiting with family.
Afterwards we headed over to the Hearth to visit with Dad. He was so excited to see us. They had just finished dinner and were sitting down to play a game. Hunter and Mackenzie joined in on the fun. It was great to see him interact with the kids. We are so blessed that he still recognizes them and knows how special they are. He has regressed so much since this summer and it is hard to see him struggle through sentences. Seeing him in the Hearth was difficult for me. I have been before, but having to leave him there instead of taking him home was hard. He did fine and didn't even realize we had left, but leaving him was definitely one of the hardest things I have done. He is happy there and they are able to keep up with him and his needs. It just won't ever be the same when we visit. Love my dad and hate seeing this disease take over his actions and words. However, it will never change his heart and all of the things that he has instilled in me. I am who I am due to my amazing parents.