Saturday, September 29, 2012

Mackenzie's Birthday

This year Mackenzie's birthday fell on a very busy day. We flew back from Tennessee the night before, which was Sunday. The 20th was filled with lots of emotional events. Here is the list of events for that day:
1. Mackenzie turned 2,
2. Mackenzie's 1st day in the orange shirt room (Her shirt fits like a dress. It was the smallest size. She was so proud),
3. Hunter's 1st day of Kindergarten,
4. Beginning a new year in my classroom, and
5. Grandaddy's Memorial in Tennessee.
I hated to miss the beautiful memorial, but I really felt like I was were I needed to be on this day. We did celebrate her birthday, but it was a small celebration. Adam did a great job of taking care of the cake and getting her a Dora balloon. It was a quiet and pleasant birthday party.