Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The Name Game




Adam and I have had a very hard time deciding on names for "baby sister". It has taken us almost 10 weeks to decide. The top 5 were, in no particular order, were:
1. Madison (Adam's preference)
2. Addison (my preference)
3. Sydney (Adam's preference)
4. Ella (Hunter's and my preference)
5. Mackenzie (everyone's favorite)
No matter how many changes we made on the list Mackenzie was consistently on the list. Adam's #1 choice was Sydney. Hunter and I loved Ella. I think both sides were waiting for the other to cave in. So, 2 nights ago, we started playing with chalk on the patio. I began writing all the different names. Both Adam and I have been leaning towards Mackenzie, but weren't sure how to spell it. The second picture above is us trying out different spellings. The first picture is our final decision, Mackenzie Claire Boyd. We love the name and are looking forward to welcoming her into the family.